THE SHORTEST ROUTE IN LIFE IS NOT ALWAYS THE BEST ROUTE IN LIFE, BECAUSE IT CAN BYPASS SOME OF THE MOST PRECIOUS LESSONS IN LIFE. – Dr. Ravi Zacharias
When God puts a dream in your heart, He is going to mold your heart over a lifetime to accomplish that dream. Why? Because God is more interested in your character (who you are) than what you do for Him (ministry). Ministry flows out of being. God will never stop teaching you, and He will use circumstances in your life to teach you many precious lessons. Life is a lifetime of God lessons.
“God will use circumstances in our life to develop our character. In fact, He depends more on circumstances to make us like Jesus than he depends on our reading the Bible. The reason is obvious: we face circumstances every day in our life.” – Rick Warren
I know this to be true because life has taught me valuable lessons in all circumstances I have faced. I have learnt valuable lessons in success, failure, defeat, struggles, pain, gains and loss. The more interesting thing is that, till we die and live this earth, life will continue to teach us many more lessons and we have to be discerning enough to catch them.
These lessons have in a way shaped me and influenced my life: it has shaped and influenced my beliefs, values, morals, aspirations, dreams and character. I have learnt from my parents, siblings, mentors, friends, and even unpleasant and unfriendly people, personal experiences, experiences of others, reading, the bible and many more.
Today, I want to share with you twenty-eight lessons life has taught me over the years. Not to say that I have only learnt twenty-eight lessons in life. Life has taught me many valuable lessons, but since I turn 28 today, I am going to restrict myself and share just 28 with you.
- Lesson Number 1 Life is lifetime of God lessons.
- Lesson Number 2 Life without God is meaningless and hopeless.
- Lesson Number 3 Life is a test.
- Lessons Number 4 Life is a preparation for eternity.
- Lesson Number 5 Don’t live life on regrets.
- Lesson Number 6 Life will not stand still and wait for you. Life will go on no matter what.
- Lesson Number 7 Life is the choices we make.
- Lesson Number 8 I must learn to forgive, and forgiveness is a choice. Lesson Number 9 God loves you and He offers a wonderful plan for your life.
- Lesson Number 10 All things works together for our good. (Romans 8:28)
- Lesson Number 11 God is more interested in who you are (character) than what you do for Him.
- Lesson Number 12 You can know you have eternal life. (I John 5:11-13)
- Lesson Number 13 If you have Jesus, you have eternal life! (I John 5:11-13).
- Lesson Number 14 The Spirit filled life – Everyday can be a day of victory for the Christian, through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Lesson Number 15 Patience – Patience is learning to wait on God, and not man.
- Lesson Number 16 On prayer, prayer is a relationship.
- Lesson Number 17 God will not perform miracles to cover up our irresponsibility’s.
- Lesson Number 18 Don’t despise your small beginnings. Greatness is birthed in small places.
- Lesson Number 19 See greatness and potential in everybody.
- Lesson Number 20 Success is no accident at all.
- Lesson Number 21 Where there is a will, there is a way.
- Lesson Number 22 Always strive for excellence.
- Lesson Number 23 Failure is a part of success.
- Lesson Number 24 Be you and believe in yourself.
- Lesson Number 25 Failing to plan is planning to fail.
- Lesson Number 26 Our best days are always ahead of us.
- Lesson Number 27 On leadership, leadership is not a position, leadership is influence.
- Lesson Number 28 The best legacy to live on earth is to invest in a soul.
Thank you for being with me in this journey. You inspire me to be a better me. Live your dreams – when you live your dreams, you will inspire the world.